Sunday, April 14, 2013
Hillshire CEO Maneuvers to Keep Meat a 'Hero"
Hillshire Brands Co. is really making a lot of moves. In the past year they have changed their name (previously called Sara Lee Corp), changed their headquarters, and changed their leader. The new CEO, Sean Connolly, is planing to create new product lines and update the corporate culture. Apparently what Mr. Connolly is doing, he is doing things the right way. "The company has exceeded Wall Street expecatations twice."
I enjoyed reading this article as I work in consumer goods. Connolly must have received his MBA because many of his focuses I am learning in my Marketing Strategy class. He is moving forward with innovation and people are responding positiviely to that. He knows he has to continue to extend the product lines to reach out to more target markets. Developing the new product lines will also help Hillshire stay in the now. Also, the corporate culture of a company is a main reason for the company to be a success. I look forward to see what else Hillshire will come out with next.
Article Website
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment