Wednesday, January 23, 2013

More Children Get ADHD Diagnosis

     A few thoughts and questions come to mind after I read this article.  All of the thoughts are against that more children actually have ADHD but are just being diagnosed as a quick fix to other problems.
First, are wealthy children more likely to be diagnosed with ADHD than children from poorer families because they have the money to afford the doctor appointments and treatment?  Also, are the wealthier families not as involved with their children because they are working to provide for their children and because of that the lack of interaction with their children this causes them to be less discplined?  The parents may rather choose a quick fix with medication than truly finding the root of the problem.
     I believe that ADHD exists but I don't believe that every child who is diagnosed actualy has the disease.  I also find it extremely hard to believe that children can be diagnosed at the age of 4!!  Children are just beginning to be part of a class environment at this age and of course they need time to adjust.  Also, kids have tons of energy and that should not be found to be the same as being unable to focus.


Picture taken from:http://www.hdwallpapers.in/walls/cute_kids_cute_play-wide.jpg

More Children Get ADHD Diagnosis Article Website

No comments:

Post a Comment