Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Smart Investor Would Skip the M.B.A.

     This article discusses whether spending money on an MBA is really worth it or not.  The author believes that it is defintely not worth it.  He believes that networking and taking training courses on your own is far more important in succeeding than sitting in a classroom.  Networking is an invaluable trait and really can help one go far in their career.  The author asks the question of who you would rather hire..."the candidate who built a profitable business over the course of two years, or the candidate who sat in lectures and reviewed case studies to get a degree?"
     The question the author poses is a good one.  I think the person I would want to hire would be a combination of the two.  A person who has great social skills and someone who is book smart.  I think the person who is an either or option will only go so far in their career until they reach their limit.  Someone who has both traits, example ME, will hopefully have a competitive edge over other applicants and co-workers.  I think being well-rounded is a very positive asset so having the networking skills and M.B.A will be a double threat!

Article Website

No comments:

Post a Comment