The Livestrong Foundation was founded 15 years ago. It is a charity that is devoted to helping cancer survivors. It had a strong connection with former pro cyclist, Lance Armstrong. However, with all the negativity surrounding Lance Armstrong the foundation is trying to move past that and become its own name again. The charity has done many changes to lose the stigma attached with Armstrong. They are increasing staff morale, added the word "Foundation" to its name, hired a crisis-communicatios firm, and moved its "call-to-action" day since the original date was the date of Lance Armstrong's diagnosis. The new date is now the day of when the yellow wristbands were introduced.
I have known a few a cancer surivors as well as people who didn't win the fight. Livestrong definitely was a positive reinforcement in helping one think they can beat the awful disease. Yes, the story of Lance Armstrong before his fall from grace was a phenomenal story indeed. However, I am sure there are tons of other stories just like his from other cancer survivors. Lance Armstrong was the face of Livestrong but Livestrong is a charity that is more than just having a celebrity endorser. I think the Livestrong Foundation is a great charity and will continue to thrive after the whole Armstrong scandal fades away. The Livestrong Foundation has to continue on their mission and people will continue to respect them. I know I will.
Article Website
No comments:
Post a Comment