Sunday, March 10, 2013

Facebook Unveils Changes to Its News Feed

Image Website
     Since many new social apps are flooding the market Facebook must continue to be creative and innovative in order to stay at the number one spot.  Their new way of doing this is by changing its news feed.  This change will "...include a more minimal design, larger images and new types of sub-feeds."  Facebook hopes that with this new change they will cause users to stay longer on the site and view more of the advertisements and brands.  Mark Zuckerberg the Chief Executive of Facebook describes the new format as being, "the best personalized newspaper."
     I am a pretty frequent user of Facebook.  Facebook is really the only social media tool I use.  Hearing about this new change is not really surprising since it seems there are changes and updates all the time.  The first version of Facebook was the best version in my opinion.  It seems all the changes they make do not agree with the majority of users and many complaints ensue.  I understand how Facebook wants to stay ahead of their competition but it seems like they throw out these changes without fully thinking them through and how they will effect the users.  I will be interested to see the new layout and if it is a crowd pleaser or not.

Article Website

No comments:

Post a Comment