![]() |
| Image Website |
I chose this article for a few reasons. One, is that I travel often for my job so many of the points the article discussed I could relate to. I also chose this article because many topics that have been discussed in my marketing class were portrayed. The article discusses how it is important for travel arrangements to be more personalized. This ties in with marketing segmentation. Years ago segementation was not available, it was a one and only kind deal. However, with all the advances in marketing and technology, segmentation and personalization can be achieved. Another topic from class discussed in the article is primary data collection. The project Hyatt launched was achieved through primary data collection, specifically focus groups.
This article was a great read and really helped connect the textbook I am reading for class and the real business world.
*This article is unavailable on WSJ.com*

No comments:
Post a Comment