Monday, March 4, 2013

Oscars Win Viewers, Appeal to Younger Set

Image Website
     This article discussed how the Oscars had their largest audience in three years.  The Oscars is a monumental television show each year.  "The Oscars rank as the second biggest draw in U.S. television after the Super Bowl...the show commands a global audience of some 1 billion."  Also, a fact about the Oscars that I was not aware of is that unlike other award shows the Oscars must deliver a certain number of awards on air.
     I am a huge fan of celebrities so I am sure to never miss an awards show! I personally think the Oscars this year was great!  Seth McFarlane did an excellent job as the host.  The feel of the show definitely was light-hearted and not as stuffy as previous years.  It seems the producers of the Oscars chose their target audience to be that of a younger age.  That focus paid off because it brought in the highest viewership of the show that it had in the past three years.  I think the producers should keep this focus for the upcoming years as they will continue to grab the attention of the younger viewers which can lead to loyalty to watch through the years.  Also, I think targeting the younger viewers is important since there are so many up and coming young actors and actresses.

Article Website

No comments:

Post a Comment