This article breaks my heart. I refuse to turn my back on hard copies of books. I hope to one day have a library in my house. This article is about a library in Texas that is being developed to be all digital. All digital = NO hardcopies. I love technology and how it continues to improve our lives but I do not love technology when the plan is take away my books! I was happy to read the quote by Ramiro Salazar, San Antonio Public Library's director, who said "Our experience shows that demand for printed books continues to exist and it is in fact growing."
 |
| Rendering of library setup. Picture taken from article website. |
I can deal with a few digital only libraries as long as there are real book libraries as well for the people who like me wish to hold a real book in their hands. Yes, the hard copy is more expensive but it is worth the money to hold and feel the actual book.
Article Website
No comments:
Post a Comment