Sunday, February 3, 2013

Psst...This Is What Your Co-Worker is Paid

     This article discussed whether it would be positive or negative to have employees have knowledge on other employee's salaries, the company's financials, etc.  It discussed outcomes of different companies who took this approach.  Some were a success and others a failure.


Image website
     I personally do not like the idea of employees knowing other employees salaries.  I don't think any real good can come out of it.  Yes, I agree it can create a competitve environment which can result in harder workers which would lead to bigger success for the company but the likeliness of that is slim.  I think it would cause much tension between everyone.  I also think employees will spend more time debating other employee's salaries than being productive in their own job.


Image Website

     I do agree with employees knowing the company's financials.  I think this is a good push for motivation.  Everyone can see the impact of their work in the big picture.

Interesting Video from the article

Article Website

No comments:

Post a Comment