Saturday, February 9, 2013

Soccer Match-Fixing Probe Goes Global

     After reading this article I was quite disappointed.  This was the first that I have heard about this situation.  Over 680 soccer matches from all levels and from all around the world are of accused of being fixed by criminal networks.  Singapore allegedly plays the largest part in this crime situation.  Who would of thought?
Image Website
     Sports nowadays almost always have some type of negative stigma to them ex. Lance Armstrong and the whole steroid ordeal.  Stigmas as well as poor ethical choices are extremely hard to forget by the fans, consumers, etc.
     The sports world is letting their fans down and without the fans there is no point for the leagues to exist.  Hopefully, this will never come to fruition but it is possible if there is no other way to stop the criminal activity.  I hope this criminal network is put to a stop and the game can be played and enjoyed as it is suppose to be.

Article Website

No comments:

Post a Comment