Monday, February 18, 2013

Tiffany Sues Costco on Alleged Fakes

Image Website
Image Website
                         VS.
         



    Costco is a company who primarily carries large packages of food and household items that it sells at a discount.  Tiffany and Co. is a high end jewelry store.  Costco apparently has been selling fake Tiffany jewelry and is being sued by Tiffany and Co.
     I do not shop at Costco.  I actually have never even been inside a Costco.  I have heard of it and when I think of the name I picture a giant warehouse where you buy in bulk.  I could  not imagine a jewelry section in the store but apparently there is one.  Even though I cannot imagine it, it does in fact exist.  I think any person who has heard of the name Tiffany and Co. would know the company would not sell its items in such a setting.  Tiffany and Co. has a very well know brand image as well as a strong following of customers that they do not need to sell their items at Costco as a discount price.  Clearly, the person who notified Tiffany and Co. would agree with my thought process.
     I do think Tiffany and Co. needs to be more aware of their products and if they are being mis-sold at other retailers.  Costco needs to be aware too of the brands they carry and to be sure they are not selling any type of knock offs or fakes.  They should have a stronger policy when dealing with suppliers.

Article Website

No comments:

Post a Comment